When hair has too much weight, thickness, curly'ness, and needs better shaping, then you need to use a pair of hair thinning scissors.
Hair thinning scissors are the second most popular type of shears found in Australian salons, barbershops and hairdressers. Thinning scissors are a critical part to providing shape and style to a hairstyle.
It can be difficult to choose the best type of thinning scissor due to the size, amount of teeth and teeth or blade edge. When shopping for a new pair of thinning scissors for sale in Australia, look after for these features
- The Amount Of Teeth: 20-26 is great for texturising, 30-40 is great for thinning, and 10-20 is great for chomping away thick chunks of hair.
- Teeth Type: the most common thinning teeth use a 'V' shaped edge or a prism design.
- Size: the most popular thinning scissor size used in Australia is 6.0" inches
- Material: Japanese steel, German steel, 7CR and 9CR are the most popular types of steel used on thinning scissors
There are many different kinds of thinning scissors available on the market, and this can be overwhelming, so the best approach to buying a new pair of scissors for thinning hair is to choose a reputable brand.
The most popular hair scissor brands in Australia that sell high-quality, best value and affordable thinning scissors area:
- Juntetsu Thinning Scissors
- Jaguar Thinning Scissors
- Kamisori Thinning Shears
- Ichiro Thinning Scissors
- Joewell Thinning Scissors
Let us know if you are having any difficulty finding the best thinning scissors for you! Our team is always available to answer questions and guide you to the right pair that suits your needs.